There are a lot of different music stand plans out there. Below are just a few of the plans that are available.
- West Hills Wood - Wooden Music Stand with a creative way to adjust the height. A great resource.
- The Wood Whisperer - Offers pictures for creating your own wooden music stand.
- Wooden table top stand - Mainly a Cook book holder, but can give some ideas for a table top music stand holder. Could also be modified for a true music stand.
- Cornish Workshop - Offers detailed images as well as step by step instructions of the process by viewing the various pages.
- Stans Plans - Music Stand Rack and Book Rack. Not the most conventional music stand, but is another option.
- Bubinga Stand - A very classy designed stand. Nice pictures but not much help on specifics of the creation.
- Foam Board Table Top Music Stand - How to build a table top music stand out of foam board or foamcore.
- Table Top Cardboard Music Stand - Basic instructions about how to make a table top cardboard music stand.
These are just a few. Be sure to check out some of these great products. They can make your music experience so much more enjoyable.
- Here is an excerpt for a stand from the Traditional Furniture Projects By Fine Woodworking. The article is by Lance Patterson.
- Here is an excerpt for a stand from the American Woodworker in Feb of 1995.
Here is a video for making a music stand extension to be able to hold more music on your stand.
Music Stand Checklist - Is a great resource with questions to ask yourself to help make the right music stand choice.
Ways to Keep Music on the Stand.
- Put music in binder
- Put in plastic sheets
- Tape sheet music together
- Use Paper clips
- Use black paper clips
- Put long object in front of music so that it will stay in place
- Rubber band around stand
There are a lot of different options but here at the Music Stand Shop we have everything that you are looking for.
Here are a few articles on various topics.
Additional Music Stand Sites